Beer Pancakes: Spring Maple
Mix up Sunday brunch with pancakes à la bière! You’re basically just replacing the milk with beer, simple right? These flapjacks come out nice and moist with enhanced maple flavour.
Make from scratch or sub beer for milk where the pre-fab mix demands.
- 1 cup of sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of Lake of Bays Spring Maple Belgian Blonde Ale
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted.
- Great with syrup from our sappy source, Shaw’s Orillia!
Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl or pitcher for easy pouring. Then add egg, beer, and butter. Whisk until blended. Set your pan, skillet or griddle to medium heat. Add butter, and you know the rest.
Many thanks to Adam Kemp of The Brew Head for sharing this recipe. He made a comment on one of our instagram pics, espousing beer pancakes, so we touched based and boom! Now it’s in your screen. The Ontario craft community is as warm and fluffy as flapjacks.